Enable auto-transcription (Host)
- In the black Zoom toolbar, the Host must click the CC Live Transcript button. (If you do not see it immediately, first select the More button, then Live Transcript).
Then select Enable Auto-Transcription:
This will enable captions for all Participants to view. A CC button will appear in their Zoom toolbar:
View Subtitles (Participants)
- To view subtitles, Participants can click the CC button:and then Show Subtitle:
- Students will display in real time within the Zoom meeting.
- (optional) Participants can adjust their own subtitles as follows:
- Move the position of the subtitles in the meeting window by clicking and dragging on it:
- Adjust the caption size by clicking the up arrow ^ next to the CC button and selecting Subtitle Settings:Then move the slider to adjust the caption size:
- Participants can hide subtitles by clicking on the CC button and selecting Hide Subtitle:
View Transcript (Participants)
- To view the Transcript, Participants can click the CC button:and then View Full Transcript:
- The Transcript will display as a panel at the right of the meeting.
- (optional) Participants can adjust the Transcript as follows:
- Use the Search transcript field at the top of the side panel:
- Close or Pop Out the Transcript by selecting the downward arrow icon:
- Participants can close the Transcript panel by clicking the downward arrow icon and then Close within the Transcript pane: Alternatively, they can click the CC button then select Close Full Transcript: