- Your course is listed as having virtualized meetings.
- Online Learning will not automatically schedule your webinars. Instead, please coordinate with your department.
Logging in to Canvas
Single sign-on is now enabled for Canvas. This means you will log in with your university email address and email password (instead of your CIIS ID number and password).
To log in:
- Go to ciis.instructure.com (there should be no additional text in the URL after “.com”; if you had previously used a bookmark for Canvas, it may need to be updated).
- When prompted, use your CIIS email address and email password to log in.
- If you encounter any issues logging in to Canvas, please see our support article for more information.
Going forward, you will no longer need to use separate credentials for Canvas.
Creating your Canvas Course
- Please let us know if you need any assistance in creating your course in Canvas. You can email us the syllabus at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the semester and we will add it to the queue.
- Alternatively, if you wish to create it in Canvas yourself, the Create a Canvas Course training will provide an overview and demonstrate frequently-used features.
Post & Publish
- Please post your syllabus and publish your course at least 2 weeks before the course begins. This helps students to prepare by accessing textbooks and understanding the expectations for your course.
- Please see the Post Your Syllabus article for instructions on posting your syllabus.
- For a demonstration of publishing, please see Chapter 5f of the Create a Canvas course training.